The Diocese of Austin, in 1987 purchased the 11.7 acres of land which comprise the church parish property. St. Paul parish was formally established on September 1, 1989 by Bishop John McCarthy, Bishop of the Diocese of Austin. The named- pastor of the newly formed parish was Rev. Paul McCallum.
Original parish boundaries included Catholics living south of William Cannon Drive, north of FM 1620, West of 1-35 and east of Brodie Lane. The first Sunday Mass was held at William Elementary School on September 3, 1989 in the school cafeteria. The present church/multi-purpose center was dedicated April 10, 1994 by Bishop McCarthy.
Parish buildings in addition to the multi-purpose church building consist of Grace Hall, a rectory, Casa San Pablo for meetings and office space, and Spark at the west end of the property which is used for our Youth Group activities center. Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine, directly in front of the church, was sponsored by Our Lady of Guadalupe Society of St. Paul parish. As the parish has grown, grounds improvements have been made by the Men's Club and many volunteers.
With the retirement of Father Paul McCallum in 2004 the was assigned the administration of the parish by Bishop Gregory Aymond, Bishop of Austin. Rev. Barry E. Cabell, C.S.C. became the second pastor of the parish and in 2006 Rev. James R. Martin, C.S.C. was assigned as Parochial Vicar.
In July of 2011, Rev. Cabell and Rev. Martin were reassigned by the Congregation of Holy Cross and the Schoenstatt Fathers were assigned the administration of the parish by Bishop Joe Vasquez.
Rev. Hector Vega, ISP became the third pastor and Rev. Christian Christensen, ISP was assigned as Parochial Vicar. In February 2014 Rev. Johnson Nellissery, ISP was assigned as Parochial Vicar replacing Rev. Christian Christensen ISP. In November 2015, Rev. Gerold Langsch, ISP. was assigned to St. Paul parish in order to relieve Rev. Hector Vega as Pastor who was dealing with some health issues.